The objectives of NNCTR are:
- To save thousands of people in developing countries, including Nepal from the scourge of cancer
- To work on a purely humanitarian basis as a dedicated non-profit organization of its own or in close cooperation with the Ministry of health, Government of Nepal, directly or indirectly, to render all possible help in prevention, control, treatment, and research on cancer in the country
- To impart by various means cancer education , conduct training , seminars, workshops in order to help develop human resources in cancer
- To narrow the gap between the developed and developing countries in the field of prevention, treatment and research in cancer
- To strengthen networks among the national and international organizations working in the field of cancer
- To serve as a link between countries, international organizations, specialists and other renowned for their services in the field of cancer.